Group Therapy & Seminars
Group Counselling and Therapy
Counselling in a group setting provides the guidance of a therapist combined with the support of a network of people who struggle with similar concerns and challenges. It offers an opportunity to share your experiences without judgement and listen to the experiences of others.
LifeCare Centres is honored to be able to provide group sessions to individuals/organizations based off their unique, joint needs. The sessions include participation from multiple psychotherapists who help lead thoughtful discussion on how to navigate a variety of partnerships in a healthy way.
We offer group therapy sessions on a regular basis, facilitated by experienced counsellors and therapists who are invested in seeing each participant succeed.
Through LCC group therapy, you can be a part of a cooperative venture between a knowledgeable therapist and participants who support one another and bring new perspectives. Group counselling and therapy can also be a more cost effective way to obtain counselling than one-on-one sessions.
Some of the typical issues we hold group therapy sessions for include:
– Emotional regulation skills
– Low self esteem
– Addiction issues
Group therapy is a comfortable, safe space for individuals going through similar struggles to connect and work toward healing.
What Can I Expect from LCC Individual Counselling and Therapy
– Group therapy usually runs for a designated number of weeks (often 8-10).
– Groups are typically small, from 5 to 15 participants.
– Each weekly session has a focus designed to provide strategies and new understanding on how to manage the presenting issue.
– New lifestyle choices are discussed to help clients move forward.
– Building relationships and a supportive network is a key piece of group therapy.
– Opportunities to learn vicariously through watching and contributing to interactions with others in similar situations.
It can be easy to feel alone when you are struggling with mental health or a life crisis – but you are not alone. Although group therapy may seem intimidating at first, our clients typically find it very rewarding to interact with others who understand what they are going through in a supportive and confidential setting.
We invite you to contact us for a confidential and complimentary 15 minute consultation. We will assess your needs, understand your concerns, and match you with the right therapy group. Call 905-231-2273 or submit the form on the right of this page.
In Home Counselling and Therapy
We offer an in home clinical program which matches young clients with an in home specialist who is able to use the home environment as a therapeutic tool to teach much-needed life skills.
The home is a natural and less threatening space than a psychotherapist’s office, and therefore can be more ideal for teaching and practicing skills for real life situations, such as:
– Anger management
– Social skills
– Negotiation skills
– Stress management skills
– Behaviour management
Combined with in office sessions, in home therapy can be an excellent way to enhance growth and development.
What Can I Expect from LCC In Home Counselling and Therapy?
– Your in home specialist will regularly check in with a senior therapist who is familiar with the client’s life and needs prior to the in home work.
– We create therapeutic safety for the child or teen, then expand to include the parents with the child’s permission. The child knows which issues will be addressed.
– Parents have the opportunity (where applicable) to see how the in home specialist deals with various real life situations in the home.
– Parents are able to request sessions and parental coaching from the senior therapist, if required.
We invite you to contact us for a confidential and complimentary 15 minute consultation. We will assess your needs, understand your concerns, and match you with the right therapist. Call 905-231-2273 or submit the form on the right of this page.
Book Your FREE 15 Minute Consultation
We invite you to contact us for a confidential and complimentary 15 minute consultation. We will assess your needs, understand your concerns, and match you with the right therapist.